FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS/AP) – Protestors gathered Sunday night outside JPS Hospital in Fort Worth, supporting the facility’s decision to keep a brain dead, pregnant woman on life support.
Marlise Munoz has been on life support at JPS since late November, after her husband, Erick, found her unconscious.
After Munoz was pronounced brain dead by doctors, Erick Munoz filed a lawsuit in the state district court asking for his wife to be taken off life support.
But JPS said the law requires the hospital to keep her alive because she is pregnant.
On Sunday night, protestors voiced their opinions in the hospital’s favor.
“Marlise Munoz is alive. Her baby is alive and no one in this medical community has the nerve or the gumption or the truth to stand up and say no she is not dead,” one protestor told CBS 11 News.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures