CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – Driver Carl Edwards says if NASCAR really wants to create more competition on the track and interest in the sport it needs to focus on changing the setup of the cars, not the championship format.
Edwards says drivers are already doing everything they can to win races. He says the proposed changes set forth by NASCAR chairman Brian France two weeks ago won’t change that.
Edwards says taking away the down force on cars and making the tires softer would go a long way toward increasing competitive racing at the front of the pack.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thousands Pour Into ‘Texas Live!’ For Cowboys, Rangers Games
- Prescott Solid, Dalton Sluggish As Bengals Top Cowboys 21-13
- 14 Injured After Strong Storm Knocks Over Concert Entrance At WinStar
- Severe Storms, Heavy Rain Tear Through North Texas
- Cowboys’ Martin, Woods Leave Preseason Game With Injuries
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures