MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Real Madrid and AC Milan will play preseason games in the United States.
Inter Milan, AS Roma and Olympiakos also will be part of what is billed as the Guinness International Champions Cup, to be played from July 26 to Aug. 4, with the final at Sun Life Stadium.
Additional venues for the games include Arlington, Texas; Charlotte, N.C.; Chicago; Denver; East Rutherford, N.J., and/or New York; Glendale, Ariz.; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; and Washington. Two additional cities are to be announced Feb. 20.
Some stars may not be with their clubs because of the World Cup, which ends July 13. Players often are given three-to-four weeks of vacation after their nations finish play at the tournament. Some clubs may be preparing for the UEFA Super Cup between the Champions League and Europa League winners, to be played at Cardiff, Wales, on Aug. 14.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wesley Mathews’ Capital Murder Trial Moves Forward Following Guilty Plea To Lesser Charge
- Fort Worth Fire Station 4 Closed For Repairs
- Fort Worth Police: Suspected Serial Car Burglar In Ryan Place Neighborhood Is Armed, Dangerous
- Tennessee Murder Suspect Shot, Killed After Stabbing West Texas Deputy
- USWNT Fans Question Officiating On Penalty That Allows U.S. To Beat Spain 2-1
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures