DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – You are now free to move outside the country. Southwest Airlines is adding additional international fares to new destinations in Mexico, starting mid August.
Southwest will begin offering flights to Cancun and Los Cabos, Mexico on August 10. The airline will also begin flying to Nassau, Bahamas. Sale fares are available online through March 13. The new international destinations are non-stop daily flights departing from Atlanta, and Baltimore/Washington (Cancun) and Santa Ana/Orange County (Los Cabos). Saturday only flights are available from Atlanta (Nassau) and Milwaukee (Cancun). In October, daily roundtrip service to Cancun from Denver will begin as well as Saturday service from Denver to Los Cabos.
Southwest’s new international service for now will continue to be operated on Air Tran, which merged with Southwest.
In January, Southwest announced its first round on international flights including nonstop service from Atlanta to Aruba and Montego Bay, Jamaica; Baltimore to Aruba, Nassau in the Bahamas, and Montego Bay (twice daily), and Orlando to Aruba and Montego Bay.
Introductory discounted fares are being offered through the end of October at Southwest.com:
— Atlanta, Georgia, to Nassau, Bahamas for as low as $127 one-way
— Baltimore/Washington, Maryland, to Nassau, Bahamas for as low as $126 one-way
— Denver, Colo., to San Jose del Cabo/Los Cabos, Mexico for as low as $192 one-way
— Orlando, Fla., to Montego Bay, Jamaica for as low as $148 one-way
— Milwaukee, Wisc., to Cancun, Mexico for $214 one-way
— Santa Ana/Orange County, Calif., and San Jose del Cabo/Los Cabos, Mexico for $143 one-way
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Happy Ending After North Texas Woman Gives Birth In Moving Minivan To Baby Not Breathing
- North Texas Siblings Calling For Road Improvements Where Loved One And Others Have Died
- Free D-Link Bus Service In Downtown Dallas Will Likely End
- Southlake Woman Who Hadn’t Been Seen Since Saturday Night Is Found Safe
- Dallas Police Officer Fired For ‘Inappropriate Force,’ Violating Policy And Giving False Statements
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures