AUSTIN (AP) — Oil and gas technology executive Ryan Sitton and former state Rep. Wayne Christian are headed to a GOP runoff for an open seat on the Texas Railroad Commission.
Sitton and Christian finished in the top two Tuesday night, but neither got the 50 percent vote needed to avoid a runoff. They were in a crowded Republican primary that also included geologist Becky Berger and attorney Malachai Boyuls.
The Railroad Commission regulates the oil and gas industries in Texas and often is viewed as a jumping off point for other statewide offices. Commissioner Barry Smitherman ran for state attorney general, but lost Tuesday night in the primary.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures