WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) – President Barack Obama is picking Michigan State to win the NCAA men’s basketball championship over defending champion Louisville.
In what has become an annual March Madness tradition at the White House, Obama filled out a bracket in a segment broadcast on ESPN Wednesday.READ MORE: US Supreme Court To Consider Controversial Texas Abortion Law
Florida and Arizona rounded out Obama’s Final Four picks. But he said the talents of Michigan State coach Tom Izzo made him pick the Spartans to go all the way.
Obama said he knows his picks aren’t imaginative but expressed hope they’d help him win his pool this year. He noted that he hasn’t had a lot of luck with his picks in the past.
Last year he correctly picked Louisville to play in the championship game, but wrongly said the Cardinals would lose to Indiana.READ MORE: Southlake Ranks 20th 'Best Small City In America'; Keller & Flower Mound Most Affordable
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures