DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One man is dead after a hit-and-run accident that happened around 8:40 p.m. Saturday on E. Northwest Highway between Shady Brook Lane and Skillman Street.
Police are calling the incident a hit-and-run, and there is currently no word of an arrest or person of interest.
The killed pedestrian has not been identified by police, but is referred to as a 55-year-old Latino male on a police report.
Police say the 55-year-old man stepped off a median into the eastbound lanes of E. Northwest Highway, headed southbound.
A vehicle traveling on the eastbound lanes failed to yield to the pedestrian, according to police.
The front right part of the vehicle hit the man and appeared to have dragged him underneath the car.
The man was pronounced dead around 8:45 p.m. by Dallas Fire-Rescue
This picture of the scene was tweeted by a CBS 11 viewer:
CBS 11 is working to get more details on the accident and will update this story as they become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- SUV Crashes Into Dallas Barbershop After Carjacking, 2 Hospitalized
- Former Baylor Football Coach Art Briles Hired To Coach At Mount Vernon High School
- Video Of Heated Confrontation Between American Airlines’ Mechanics And Airline President Shared
- Lake Closures On Memorial Day Weekend A Huge Downer For Businesses: ‘We’re Quite Used To The Obstacles’
- Fort Worth Fire Captain Keven Teague Passes Away After Brief Battle With Pancreatic Cancer
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures