ARLINGTON, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Kentucky won a game tonight they had no business winning.
Other than the fact that they were the more talented team, by a longshot, Wisconsin outplayed them for about 36 minutes. The Cats went up 51-43, but right back comes Wisconsin. That was really the only time in this game that Kentucky dominated. They couldn’t miss, and when they did, there was a tip-in waiting.
But for 94 feet, for 36 minutes, they were the 2nd best team on the floor.
Then, again, came the filthy Cats. They have more talent than some NBA teams. They aren’t as good, and they’d lose the game, but they have so much talent on that starting 5. Its borderline absurd.
I was sitting in an area surrounded by Wisconsin fans. It was amazing the emotional ride they went through in the final minute. From missing a FT for a team that never misses FT’s, to giving up the money ball to Harrison, to the final miss. It was epic.
By the way, does Harrison not have the biggest stones around? I think somewhere Bill Raftery let out an “ONIONS!”
But the Cats move on, in a game they should have lost. So should they have lost the Wichita St game, and the Louisville game, and the Michigan game.
New team, same motive. Fall behind. Stay close. Pull it out late.
Hasn’t failed them yet
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Southlake Woman Who Hadn’t Been Seen Since Saturday Night Is Found, Mother Says
- Dallas Police Officer Fired For ‘Inappropriate Force,’ Violating Policy And Giving False Statements
- VIDEO: Chase Suspect Appears Surprised As Cops Arrest Him Outside Of Convenience Store
- Dallas Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Missing Priest Accused Of Child Molestation
- North Texas Company Looking To Hire Furloughed Workers Feeling The Pinch From Government Shutdown