OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Zane Gurwitz had three hits and Ben Johnson and Mark Payton knocked in two runs to help Texas defeat Texas Tech 8-3 in Big 12 tournament play Wednesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Lucas Schiraldi got the win for No. 5 seed Texas (37-16). He pitched 5 1/3 innings and allowed one run and four hits.
Bryant Burleson, Tyler Neslony and Adam Kirsch each had two hits for No. 4 seed Texas Tech (40-17).
Corey Taylor got the loss for Texas Tech. He lasted just 1 2/3 innings and gave up six hits and five runs. Johnson’s single with the bases loaded in the bottom of the second inning scored two and chased Taylor during a five-run barrage.
Texas will play top seed Oklahoma State Thursday in winners’ bracket play.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Girl Who Died Fled Intensely Poor Guatemalan Village
- Dallas RB Elliott 1st Offensive Player Fined For Helmet Use
- Dallas Organization Hands Out Shoes, Toys To Kids In Need
- Fort Worth Church Nativity Scene Causes Traffic Tie-Up
- Utah State Routs North Texas 52-13 In New Mexico Bowl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures