CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Freshman left-hander Dylan Dusek scattered four hits over eight innings as Texas Tech defeated Miami 3-0 on Saturday night in a winners’ bracket game in the Coral Gables regional.
Dusek (7-0) set a career high for innings pitched while striking out three and walking one for Texas Tech (42-18). Corey Taylor pitched the ninth and earned his second save.
Chris Diaz (9-1) suffered his first loss of the season for the Hurricanes, who have scored just one run in two tournament games — on a passed ball in the ninth to beat Bethune-Cookman on Friday. Dale Carey, who came into hitting .312 on the season, went 0 for 4 and stranded seven runners against Texas Tech.
The Hurricanes will face Bethune-Cookman in an elimination game Sunday. The winner will face Texas Tech in the nightcap.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Fire-Rescue Ambulance And Truck Involved In Accident With Patient On Board
- Stars Unable To Get On The Board In 3-0 Loss Against Hurricanes
- Flight Attendant Union To Investigate American Airlines Social Media Post
- Multiple Crashes On Interstate 20 Results In 1 Dead In Arlington
- Pedestrian Hit, Killed By Motor Vehicle In Rowlett
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures