DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas City Council could be getting a raise – but it will be up to you.
The council has voted to put their compensation on the ballot.
Right now, Dallas City Council members make $37,000per year and they are asking for a bump to $60,000.
The Mayor’s position could see a raise from $60,000 to $80,000 a year.
The proposal to raise the council’s compensation was made by a city charter review committee.
The item will likely be on the ballot in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Details On Why Not Everyone Got Amber Alert For Salem Sabatka, Fort Worth Child Found Safe
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Can Justin Rose Defend At Colonial?
- DeSoto Firefighters Rescue Injured Teen From Ten Mile Creek
- Former Fort Worth Council Candidate Chris Nettles To Contest Election Against Council Member Kelly Allen Gray
- Former FDA Advisor On LASIK Eye Surgery: ‘It Should Have Never Been Approved’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures