DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas City Council could be getting a raise – but it will be up to you.
The council has voted to put their compensation on the ballot.
Right now, Dallas City Council members make $37,000per year and they are asking for a bump to $60,000.
The Mayor’s position could see a raise from $60,000 to $80,000 a year.
The proposal to raise the council’s compensation was made by a city charter review committee.
The item will likely be on the ballot in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dolphins Anthem Punishment Includes Suspensions
- Young Man Provides North Texas Officer Heat Relief In Random Act Of Kindness
- Even In Triple-Digit Heat, Young Athletes ‘Play Ball’
- Police: 3 Employees Shot At Fort Worth Bank
- ERCOT Shatters Electric Demand Peak Record Twice In One Day
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures