DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas City Council could be getting a raise – but it will be up to you.
The council has voted to put their compensation on the ballot.
Right now, Dallas City Council members make $37,000per year and they are asking for a bump to $60,000.
The Mayor’s position could see a raise from $60,000 to $80,000 a year.
The proposal to raise the council’s compensation was made by a city charter review committee.
The item will likely be on the ballot in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports Opens Its 2019 Golf Coverage
- Report: Rangers Agree To 1-Year Deal With Infielder Asdrubal Cabrera
- Southwest Airlines Co-Founder Herb Kelleher Remembered As Visionary At Celebration Of Life
- Man At Center Of Deadly Texas Church Attack Found Not Guilty Due To Insanity
- Mavericks’ Luka Dončić Fined For Kicking Ball Into Stands
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures