DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) A student driver got a lesson he won’t soon forget after the 18-wheeler he was driving crashed and burned, shutting down Interstate 45 and causing a massive traffic delay.
According to police, the student driver was traveling on the northbound service road of I-45 in the Wilmer-Hutchins area when he lost control of the vehicle and somehow crossed the median into the regular lanes.
Reports say the vehicle went across all three lanes of the highway and crashed into the center median.
The semi burst into flames, but Wilmer Chief Victor Kemp says everyone got out.
The trouble on the southbound side happened when a couple of accidents occurred in the traffic backup.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Effort Started To Rename Street Outside American Airlines Center ‘Nowitzki Way’
- Homeschooled North Texas Teen Graduates College At 16 Years Old
- 2 Yorkshire Terriers Stolen During Home Burglary In Royse City
- Dallas Maverick Luka Doncic A Unanimous NBA All-Rookie First-Team Pick
- New Coke Is Back And It’s All Because Of “Stranger Things”