CANANDAIGUA, N.Y. (AP) – An upstate New York sheriff says he has completed his investigation into the death of a driver struck by NASCAR champion Tony Stewart during a sprint car race last month. The district attorney will announce late next week whether Stewart will face any charges.

Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero said Thursday he has submitted the investigation, including enhanced video, to prosecutors for review. The statement said neither Povero nor District Attorney R. Michael Tantillo would comment further.

READ MORE: North Texan Experiencing 'Sleepless Nights' Over Parents In India During COVID-19 Surge

Stewart’s car struck and killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. on the dirt track at Canandaigua Motorsports Park on Aug. 9. Ward had climbed out of his car and walked onto the track to confront Stewart after he spun out while racing alongside the three-time NASCAR champion.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

READ MORE: North Texas Parents Consider Whether Or Not To Have Their 12 To 15-Year-Olds Vaccinated Against COVID-19

Latest News:

[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

MORE NEWS: Dallas Firefighters Put Out 3-Alarm Fire At 15-Story Terrace House High Rise

Top Trending: