WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) — A medical crew member aboard a helicopter that crashed in Wichita Falls Oct. 4 has died of his injuries.
Erasmus “Johan” van der Colff IV of Wichita Falls died Wednesday night of his injuries, becoming the third person to die from the crash of the medical helicopter near United Regional Hospital in downtown Wichita Falls, aircraft operator Air Evac Lifeteam revealed.
The patient being transported from Waurika, Oklahoma, was killed in the crash, while a flight nurse died Oct. 8 of her injuries.
Pilot Zechariah Smith, who also was injured, told the National Transportation Safety Board that the aircraft spun out of control shortly before crashing onto a street and bursting into flames.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Video Shows 12-Year-Old Killed In Dallas House Explosion Seconds Before Blast
- American Airlines Cancels 700 Flights After Winter Storms Blast Northeast
- $2 Million Bond Set For Texas Man Charged In Child’s Slaying
- McMillen High School Student Found Inside Bathroom ‘In Distress’ Hospitalized
- Dallas Police Honor First Responders, Medical Staff Who Helped Save Officer’s Life