NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – About 8,000 Halloween projector flashlights are scary for all the wrong reasons. The “Signature Designs Halloween” image projector flashlights were recalled Tuesday by hypermarket chain Meijer due to a burn hazard. They can overheat and melt the plastic handle. Ouch.
The flashlights were sold at Meijer stores from September 2014 to October 2014 for about $3.
The projector is a flashlight with cap that holds special lenses to project messages and images onto a wall or other surfaces. The flashlight handle is black with the word Halloween and pictures of a skull and a jack o’ lantern printed in white. The handle is about 7 inches long and holds two size C batteries.
The cap is orange and is about 3 inches high and about 2 inches in diameter. The projector comes with three lenses: an orange lens with a black jack o’ lantern, a yellow lens with a black bat and a purple lens with the words “Trick or Treat” in black. A clear label with “Signature Designs (HK) Ltd, Ningbo, China, 14-121-02, 05/2014” printed in white is on the side of the handle opposite the orange on/off switch.
People who need more information or want a refund may contact Meijer at (800) 927.8699 anytime or visit this link and click on Product Recalls at the bottom of the page for more information.
Consumers are urged to immediately stop using the flashlight, remove the batteries and return it to the customer service desk at any Meijer store or contact Meijer for a full refund.
The flashlights were manufactured in China.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Armed Robbery, Possible Carjacking Ends After Police Chase
- Happy Ending After North Texas Woman Gives Birth In Moving Minivan To Baby Not Breathing
- North Texas Siblings Calling For Road Improvements Where Loved One And Others Have Died
- Free D-Link Bus Service In Downtown Dallas Will Likely End
- Southlake Woman Who Hadn’t Been Seen Since Saturday Night Is Found Safe