DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 25-year-old man was killed Tuesday evening near Buckner Road when an Amtrak train struck him.
A spokesperson for the Union Pacific Railroad said the train sounded a warning signal as it approached the victim from behind. But the man, who investigators said they believe was wearing headphones, didn’t move off the tracks.
The train pulled half a mile further down track after the incident, then departed on its way at around 5:45 p.m.
The Dallas Police Department is investigating. The medical examiner has yet to identify the man.
This is a developing story. Follow CBSDFW.com and watch CBS 11 News at 10 p.m. for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Taxpayers To Vote On Property Tax Increase For School Funding
- Next Mission For Women With Military Service: Run For Office
- Unrest Reported At Immigration Detention Center In Texas
- School Bus Drivers Making “Dry Runs” Before Students Head Back To Class
- GPISD Superintendent Moving Out Of District-Owned House