DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 25-year-old man was killed Tuesday evening near Buckner Road when an Amtrak train struck him.
A spokesperson for the Union Pacific Railroad said the train sounded a warning signal as it approached the victim from behind. But the man, who investigators said they believe was wearing headphones, didn’t move off the tracks.
The train pulled half a mile further down track after the incident, then departed on its way at around 5:45 p.m.
The Dallas Police Department is investigating. The medical examiner has yet to identify the man.
This is a developing story. Follow CBSDFW.com and watch CBS 11 News at 10 p.m. for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports Opens Its 2019 Golf Coverage
- Report: Rangers Agree To 1-Year Deal With Infielder Asdrubal Cabrera
- Southwest Airlines Co-Founder Herb Kelleher Remembered As Visionary At Celebration Of Life
- Man At Center Of Deadly Texas Church Attack Found Not Guilty Due To Insanity
- Mavericks’ Luka Dončić Fined For Kicking Ball Into Stands