Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
DENTON (AP) – Jordan Williams scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead North Texas past Nicholls State 71-57 on Monday night.
T.J. Taylor scored 14 and Muhammed Ahmed pulled down 10 boards in the win.
Ja’Dante’ Frye made a jumper which pulled Nicholls State (0-1) within seven, 59-52, with 4:01 left. North Texas (2-0) responded with a 12-2 run, including six points by Taylor.
Nicholls State struggled shooting the ball, making just 21 of 63 field goals (33.3 percent), 5 of 25 (20 percent) from 3-point range and 10 of 18 free throws.
North Texas out-rebounded the Colonels 56-34 and pulled down 20 offensive rebounds and made 34 of 44 free throws to overcome its own shooting woes. The Mean Green shot 34 percent from the field and 9.1 percent (1 of 11) from behind the arc.
Frye scored 14 for Nicholls State. Amin Torres added 11 and Liam Thomas 10.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating After Woman’s Body Found In Culvert
- Family Of Missing Mesquite Mother: ‘She Would Never Leave Us’
- Heroes Drive Garbage Trucks, Just Ask This 3-Year-Old
- Dallas District Attorney Recuses Office From Case Against Activist Dominique Alexander
- Video Captures 2 People Breaking Into Arlington Home, Homeowner Says They Stole Gun, PS4s