Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
WACO (AP) — A Hillsoboro man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison after his infant son suffered 17 broken bones while in his care.
Juan Francisco Medina Ortiz was convicted of felony injury to a child and two counts of felony aggravated assault. Ortiz was sentenced Friday in Waco for the August 2012 abuse involving his then 2-month-old son.
Doctors testified the baby had injuries consistent with beatings, such as yanking and twisting motions. All of the injuries were discovered when the child was being treated for a broken arm.
Authorities say the boy had to undergoing months of physical therapy as part of his recovery.
Ortiz was also fined $100,000.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man In Surveillance Images Wanted For Hit-And-Run Of Pedestrian In Kaufman County
- Small Plane Crashes Into House In McKinney
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Announces $1.6B In Teacher Raises
- FAA Meets In Fort Worth With International Regulators On Future Of Boeing’s 737 Max
- Dallas ISD Cheerleader Desiree Galloway Turns Disability Into An Inspiration