WACO (AP) – Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty is making progress in his recovery from a concussion.
Petty was a full participant in practice Thursday, but Baylor officials said he is still progressing through the concussion protocol. His status for Saturday night’s game is still undetermined.
The fifth-ranked Bears play ninth-ranked Kansas State, with the winner guaranteed at least a share of the Big 12 title. Baylor is the defending Big 12 champ.
Petty sustained what was the team called a “mild concussion” when he took a high hit midway through the third quarter in Saturday’s 48-46 win over Texas Tech. He came out and didn’t return to that game.
Petty was still having headaches early this week, but has said he expects to play against the Wildcats.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Voters Likely To Get Decide On Term Limits In Arlington
- Following The Money: Questions Surround Grand Prairie ISD Vendor
- Hair Dryers Recalled Due To Fire, Burn And Electrical Shock Hazards
- Fort Worth Man Wanted For Murder In Everman
- Dallas Police Trying To ID Body Found In River