WACO (AP) – Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty is making progress in his recovery from a concussion.
Petty was a full participant in practice Thursday, but Baylor officials said he is still progressing through the concussion protocol. His status for Saturday night’s game is still undetermined.
The fifth-ranked Bears play ninth-ranked Kansas State, with the winner guaranteed at least a share of the Big 12 title. Baylor is the defending Big 12 champ.
Petty sustained what was the team called a “mild concussion” when he took a high hit midway through the third quarter in Saturday’s 48-46 win over Texas Tech. He came out and didn’t return to that game.
Petty was still having headaches early this week, but has said he expects to play against the Wildcats.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Federal Judge In Fort Worth Strikes Down Obamacare As Unconstitutional
- 2 Texas Democrats May Run For President
- Bank Robbery Suspect Holed Up In Benbrook Motel
- North Texas Mental Hospital Faces Additional Criminal Charges
- Dallas ISD To Make Changes After Student, Teacher Assault Caught On Camera