Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Federal prosecutors say a former North Texas youth minister has been indicted on child pornography charges.
Authorities said in a statement Monday that 37-year-old Derek Hutter is facing one count of attempted production of child pornography and another count of receipt of child pornography.
He was formerly a minister at a South Garland Baptist Church.
Hutter last week pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The indictment contends that Hutter asked an underage girl to send him sexually explicit photos of herself. He is also accused of receiving pornographic images on his email account.
A conviction for attempting to produce child pornography carries a term of at least 15 years, while the sentence for receiving child porn is no less than five years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating After Woman’s Body Found In Culvert
- Family Of Missing Mesquite Mother: ‘She Would Never Leave Us’
- Heroes Drive Garbage Trucks, Just Ask This 3-Year-Old
- Dallas District Attorney Recuses Office From Case Against Activist Dominique Alexander
- Video Captures 2 People Breaking Into Arlington Home, Homeowner Says They Stole Gun, PS4s