DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry will attend a conservative summit in Iowa next month.
Jeff Marschner, a spokesman for the conservative group Citizens United, said Sunday that Perry will attend the Iowa Freedom Summit on Jan. 24 in Des Moines. The event is being sponsored by Citizens United and Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa.
Perry is weighing a 2016 presidential bid and has made many visits to the early voting state over the past year.
Perry entered the 2012 presidential race with fanfare but quickly stumbled. He finished fifth in the Iowa caucuses in early 2012 and quit the race two weeks later.
Other confirmed guests for the summit include New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UTA Student Who Died In Flooding Remembered Monday Night
- Attorney For Fired Dallas Officer Says Chief ‘Bowed To Pressure From Anti-Police Groups’
- Dallas Police In-Custody Death Remains Mystery 2 Years Later
- Former Officer Testifies In Aggravated Assault Trial: ‘I Told Myself, Derick Don’t Die Out Here’
- Cowboys Passing Game A Work In Progress