DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – The students and staff at Lakewood Elementary school in Dallas have been evacuated after elevated levels of Carbon Monoxide were detected in the building Tuesday morning.READ MORE: Arlington Police Officer Fired After Deadly Shooting
Dallas Fire Rescue has responding and is requesting assistance from Atmos Energy.
According to DISD officials, Carbon Monoxide was discovered during routine maintenance of the building Tuesday morning – and out of an abundance of caution and safety of staff and students, the school was evacuated.
[tweet https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/572808494979555329]READ MORE: 14-Year-Old Fort Worth Girl Missing And In Need Of Medication
Students were taken to nearby Lakehill Prep academy.
The district is notifying parents and looking at options for the student’s lunches.
*This is a developing situation, listen to 1080 KRLD for the latest information.MORE NEWS: North Texas Man Arrested For Assault On Police At US Capitol On January 6
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)