By Kristin Weisell | @KristinWeisKRLD
DALLAS (KRLD) — Plans were unveiled Thursday for the 36th Anniversary St Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival in Dallas.
With good weather expected, officials are anticipating roughly 120,000 people will take part in the festivities.
The Dallas Mavericks, the presenting sponsor of this year’s parade, will have two floats and a bus in the parade — as well as a Mavs Corner on Lovers Lane.
The parade starts at 11 a.m. at Greenville and Blackwell Street and ends at SMU Boulevard.
Organizers have provided the following 10 tips to help people enjoy their experience:
1. Get there early.
2. Take Uber or DART. Three stations will hve direct access to the parade. Park Station, Mockingbird Station, and Lovers Station.
4. Ditch the car. Don’t expect to find a parking spot — there are none.
5. Drink responsibly.
6. Enjoy the family-friendly festival before and after the parade at The Family Place Family Zone and the Mavs Corner Exhibit space.
7. VIP bleacher seating is located at the Meadows Building.
8. Bring cash for bottled water, food trucks, etc…
9. Greenville Avenue will be closed starting at 9 a.m. and will reopen no later than 4 p.m. after the parade.
10. Enjoy a new addition to the festival with Brew Fest and remember there is not public drinking. The open container law is in full effect.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)