DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A south Dallas center that feeds hungry children is back up and running today, after getting some help from the community.READ MORE: Authorities Search For Texas Man At Grand Teton National Park
Kathy’s Sunshine Outreach Center, in the 4600 block of Luzon Street, was burglarized last week. Thieves took a computer, copy machine, and the centers only telephone after breaking in through a window.
Some 50 people had to be turned away because of the food and items taken during the break-in. But founder Kathy Williams says dozens of organizations stepped up to raise money to help the center replace the stolen items. “It restored my belief in humanity. Everybody just came together,” she said.READ MORE: US Supreme Court To Consider Controversial Texas Abortion Law
The center not only feeds children but also allows elderly residents to sit comfortably in air conditioning and escape the heat.
It was announced Tuesday morning that several Liberty Tax Service offices in the Dallas will be collecting food and money for the outreach center through August. Sandy Stow, an area developer for Liberty Tax Service, said, “We saw on the news how burglars stole from Kathy’s and from children in our community. We knew we could do something to help.”
Anyone wanting to donate can visit any of the following Liberty Tax locations to drop off money or non-perishable foods for Kathy’s.
- 2029 N. Town East Blvd, Ste. 104, Mesquite, Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2502 S. Belt Line Road, Grand Prairie, Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 4343 Camp Wisdom Road, Ste. 150, Dallas, Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 2904 MacArthur Blvd., Irving. Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2450 N. Belltine Road, Ste. 145, Irving. Mondays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10622 Garland Road, Dallas, Mondays and Wednesdays noon to 7 p.m.
- 2242 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, Tuesdays and Thursdays noon to 7 p.m.
- 1059 W. Pleasant Run Road, Lancaster, Mondays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesdays 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- 2731 W. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, Tuesdays noon to 4 p.m. and Thursdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 10051 Marsh Lane, Dallas, Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 4323 W. Illinois Ave., Ste. 101, Dallas. Saturdays and Mondays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 4043 Trinity Mills Road, Dallas, Monday to Friday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 3460 W. Walnut Street, Ste. 500, Garland, Saturdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 3845 N. Garland Ave., Garland, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 125 N. Clark Road, Ste. 105, Cedar Hill., Mondays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays noon to 5 p.m.
- 3350 Broadway Blvd., Garland, Thursdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)