Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

TERRELL (CBSDFW.COM) – A student at Furlough Middle School was taken into custody after a fire in the bathroom shortly before noon Friday.

READ MORE: Lawmakers In Some States Move To Confront Threats Against Election Workers

On arrival, firefighters saw “smoke showing” on the 2nd floor.

The school had been immediately evacuated by school officials at the first sign of smoke and no one was hurt.

READ MORE: Canceled! Elton John Postpones Dallas Shows Following Positive COVID Diagnosis

The fire was apparently the result of a toilet roll being set on fire in an upstairs bathroom according to the fire marshal and fire chief. There was minor damage to fixtures and stalls as well. However there was a lot of smoke in that area of the building.

The Terrell Fire Department told school leaders the rest of the school was clear to use, but the ISD officials made a decision not to use the building the rest of the day.

Students were transferred from Furlough Middle School to Wood Elementary School by bus, in two phases.

MORE NEWS: Court Denies Oklahoma Death Row Inmates Firing Squad Request, Paves Way For Lethal Injection

(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)