By: Josh Clark
Week three is in the books and the injuries to key players are starting to pile up.
Ben Roethlisberger went down with a sprained MCL/bone bruise and will miss 4-6 weeks. LeSean McCoy appears headed for the bench on Sunday due to his injured hamstring, while Marshawn Lynch was forced from the game in the 1st quarter with a hamstring injury of his own. Pete Carroll downplayed the injury after the game, however. The team announced that Lynch underwent an MRI on Monday and will be reevaluated later this week.
Here are my pickups for week 4:
1. Karlos Williams (BUF/RB) – With LeSean McCoy finally getting some much needed rest on his injured hamstring, Karlos Williams looks to carry the mail against the Giants. Williams had 12 carries for 110 yards and a td (his 3rd for the season) last week against the Dolphins.
2. Thomas Rawls (SEA/RB) -While many expected Fred Jackson to come into the game after Marshawn Lynch went down, it was Thomas Rawls that benefited in the Seattle backfield. Rawls had 16 rushes for 104 yards, while Jackson had 3 carries for 13 yards. As I mentioned above, it’s no guarantee that Lynch misses on Sunday. Keep an eye out for the results of his MRI.
3. Marvin Jones (CIN/WR) – Andy Dalton buried the Ravens secondary with Marvin Jones and A.J. Green on Sunday. While Green had 227 yards receiving and two touchdowns, Jones had a solid game of his own with 5 catches for 94 yards and a td. Jones will look to continue that momentum against the Kansas City Chiefs secondary that just allowed 5 td’s to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers on Monday night.
4. Rishard Matthews (WR/MIA) – With Devante Parker still finding his way in the Dolphins offense, Matthews just keeps sliding on by. Matthews has put together back to back 100 yard plus performances. He also has 3 touchdowns for the season.
5. Andy Dalton (CIN/QB) – Dalton continues to put up fantasy points, while most likely sitting on your bench or on the waiver wire. Dalton threw for 382 yards and 3 touchdowns on Sunday. As we just mentioned with Marvin Jones, he gets a beatable Kansas City Chiefs secondary at home this week. Kansas City will get starting corner Sean Smith back after he was suspended for the first three games of the season.
Honorable Mention: Lance Dunbar, Tyrod Taylor, Bilal Powell, Blake Bortles and Leonard Hankerson.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)