By: Josh Clark
DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) – Arian Foster’s season is done. The Houston Texans running back suffered a non-contact injury in the final minutes of a blowout loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Foster’s injury was later determined to be a torn Achilles. Antonio Gates was the only other player with a significant injury, however it’s not known how long he’ll be out. Some fantasy owners will rejoice because Ben Roethlisberger and Dez Bryant could return this week. That’s welcome news for those teams that we’re missing key players.
Here are my pickups for Week 8:
1. Darren McFadden (DAL/RB) – McFadden took control of the Cowboys committee backfield with a strong performance against the Giants on Sunday. McFadden ran for 152 yards and a touchdown after Joseph Randle left with a strained oblique. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told 105.3 The Fan that McFadden will be the starter this week against Seattle.
2. Alfred Blue (HOU/RB) – It’s difficult to say what exactly will happen in the Texans’ backfield going forward. We did get a sneak preview in the first three weeks of the season when Arian Foster was out of the lineup. Blue appears to be the odds on favorite for early down work, while Chris Polk will get plenty of opportunities in passing down situations.
3. Stefon Diggs – (MIN/WR) – Despite Charles Johnson returning this week, Stefon Diggs once again was Teddy Bridgewater’s number one target. Diggs compiled six receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown. Diggs has posted 19 catches for 324 yards over the last three games.
4. Antonio Andrews (TEN/RB) – Andrews had 10 carries for 57 yards against the Falcons on Sunday. Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said after the game that Andrews deserves more carries. 2014 second round pick Bishop Sankey got zero touches in the game.
5. Ladarius Green (SD/TE) – Antonio Gates has a sprained MCL and could miss a couple weeks. Green should go back to being one of Phillip Rivers’ favorite targets again, just like he was in the first four weeks of the season while Gates was suspended.
Other Pickups: Orleans Darkwa, Rishard Matthews, Marvin Jones, Brandon LaFell & Nate Washington
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)