By: Josh Clark
DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) – The New England Patriots have lost another weapon in their high powered offense. Julian Edleman broke a bone in his foot in a win over the New York Giants. According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, Edleman had a screw inserted in his foot on Monday, and is out for 6-8 weeks.
Here are my pickups for Week 11:
1. Danny Amendola (NE/WR) – Edleman’s injury vaults Amendola immediately into fantasy lineups. Amendola will have WR2 value for the remainder of the season. He had 10 catches for 79 yards against the Giants, none bigger than his first down reception on 4th and 10 on the Patriots game-winning drive.
2. Denard Robinson (JAX/RB) – It appears that T.J. Yeldon won’t suit up for Thursday’s matchup against the Tennessee Titans. That pushes Denard Robinson into lead back duties, making him a nice streaming option.
3. Matt Jones (WAS/RB) – The Redskins’ running backs finally had some success on Sunday, however, they were facing the New Orleans Saints’ atrocious defense. Jones went off for 186 total yards and a touchdown. While Jones & Alfred Morris have been bad for most of the season, you can pick up Jones with low expectations from here on out.
4. Brock Osweiler (DEN/QB) – Brock Osweiler will get a chance this week and possibly a few more when he starts in place of an injured Peyton Manning. Osweiler gets a road matchup with the Bears on Sunday and becomes a decent streaming option. Chicago has played well recently, however, and is looking for their third straight win. Osweiler came in for Manning in the third quarter against Kansas City and threw for 146 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
5. Kamar Aiken/Chris Givens (BAL/WR’s) – I highlighted Kamar Aiken last week, but I’ll give some of that attention to his counterpart this week. Givens had 4 catches for only 37 yards. He did have the game winning touchdown, though. If Aiken is still available in your league, I’d prioritize him over Givens. Aiken had 7 catches for 73 yards against Jacksonville.
Other Pickups: James White, David Cobb, Jay Ajayi, Dorial Green-Beckham, Marcus MariotaMORE NEWS: Fort Worth Hospital Plants Tree In Memory Of Lives Lost To COVID-19
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)