By Arezow Doost

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The victim of a possible road rage shooting told about some frightening moments on a Fort Worth freeway Tuesday night. It happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along Interstate-35W near Carver Avenue, and police are still searching for the suspect.

The victim, who only wanted to be identified as Jorge, was released from the hospital later Tuesday night. His car was riddled with bullet holes in both the windshield and passenger side door. However, the victim does not believe that this was road rage, but rather a case of mistaken identity.

Jorge was at a stop sign when the suspect, from behind him, started honking his horn and asking Jorge to pull over. Jorge did not know the suspect, so he refused to stop. That is when the suspect followed him onto the highway. Jorge attempted to snap a photograph of the suspect’s license plate but, moments later, was shot in the arm.

“I was just trying to get a picture of the license plate,” Jorge explained. “That’s when someone from the left rear door leans out and starts shooting at me. I leaned over to the left. I put my arm over my face and I got hit in my arm.”

The victim was shaken up, but will be just fine.

“I do have a family and I have four kids,” Jorge said. “It worries me that there are people like that who don’t care about anyone else. For some reason, they wanted to do that. It makes no sense to me at all.”

A police officer happened to be nearby, helping tow a disabled vehicle. Jorge found him and pulled over to get help. “I went up there and I told them, ‘Hey, there’s a car up there and they shot me,'” he said.

“I live a normal life. I go to work and come back home with my family,” added Jorge. “Don’t understand why.”

There are not many details about the suspect, but authorities said that it was a man in his 20s driving a newer model gray car. If you saw anything suspicious along or near that part of the interstate on Tuesday night, you are asked to call the Fort Worth Police Department immediately.

Jorge is now at home and feeling fine, but will be speaking with investigators again on Wednesday.