By: Josh Clark
DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) – Here are my pickups for Week 13:
1. David Johnson (AZ/RB) – The week’s number one add is coming on later than expected. No one thought Chris Johnson would run away with the Cardinals starting running back job when he was signed in the pre-season, leading to David Johnson taking a back seat as the third back. The younger Johnson will now get his opportunity as Chris Johnson suffered a fractured tibia and is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks, while Andre Ellington is dealing with turf toe and an unclear status.
2. Scott Chandler (BUF/TE) – Rob Gronkowski’s injury looked a lot worse than it actually is. According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, Gronkowski is week to week with a bruised knee. That’s big news for the Patriots as they keep losing weapons on their high-powered offense, however, it’s bad news for fantasy owners because it looks like he’ll miss at least this week, which is the final week of the regular season in fantasy leagues. Scott Chandler becomes Brady’s most trusted target simply because he doesn’t have anyone else to throw to.
3. Dan Herron (IND/RB) – Boom Herron is a sneaky pick up to finish fantasy seasons. Ahmad Bradshaw is finished for the year and Frank Gore is “beat to crap” according to Colts head coach Chuck Pagano. Herron could be a nice addition to playoff rosters down the stretch.
4. Shaun Draughn (SF/RB) – Shaun Draughn played every offensive snap in the 49ers backfield on Sunday. While he didn’t turn those opportunities into many fantasy points, he was facing a tough Arizona defense. Sledding gets easier for Draughn, however, as he gets the Bears and the Browns the next two weeks.
5. Doug Baldwin (SEA/WR) – Baldwin has at least six receptions over the last three games. Take into account that Jimmy Graham is now out for the season and you can assume Baldwin will receive even more looks from Wilson. He’s the number one receiver add this week.
Other Pickups: Marcus Mariota, Dontrelle Inman, Alfred Morris, Jacob Tamme, Kyle Rudolph
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)