Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Various closures and detours will be taking place across North Texas on I-35E starting Saturday night as part of the 35Express project.
From bridge demolition work to flagging, take note of these traffic alerts in Corinth, Lewisville and Carrollton before heading out.
Crews will be working to demolish the Post Oak Drive bridge. The following closures will happen nightly from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m., from Saturday, Jan. 16 through Monday, Jan. 18:
- Various lanes of north- and southbound I-35E approaching Post Oak Drive bridge
- Northbound entrance ramp from Corinth Parkway
- Southbound entrance ramp from Mayhill Road
During demolition, note these detours:
- Northbound I-35E traffic will take the frontage road at the Post Oak Drive exit and get back onto the interstate from the entrance ramp north of Post Oak Drive.
- Southbound I-35E traffic will take the frontage road at the Post Oak Drive exit and get back onto the interstate from the entrance ramp south of Post Oak Drive.
While the bridge is closed, note these detours:
- Westbound Post Oak Drive traffic will take the northbound frontage road to Mayhill Road, cross under I-35E and return down the southbound frontage road and continue to westbound Post Oak Drive.
- Eastbound Post Oak Drive traffic will take the southbound frontage road to the U-turn at Corinth Parkway to the northbound frontage road and continue to eastbound Post Oak Drive.
Once the bridge has been demolished:
- East- and westbound Post Oak Drive traffic approaching I-35E will only be able to turn right at the intersection.
- The north- and southbound frontage roads approaching Post Oak Drive will have one through lane and one right turn only lane.
For a map of detours, click here.
Various lane closures will be occurring from Monday, Jan. 18 to as late as March 12:
- Two lanes of southbound I-35E between FM 3040/Round Grove Road and Frankford Road will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 18 through Saturday, Feb. 6. One lane of traffic will remain open.
- All lanes of north- and southbound Lake Vista Drive approaching SH 121 will be closed overnight from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 25 through Saturday, March 12. Detours will be in place.
- As crews work to reopen Bogard Lane, nightly flagging operations will be in place at the intersection of Bogard and McGee lanes between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 18 through Saturday, Jan. 31. The right lane of the southbound frontage road between Garden Ridge Boulevard and Bogard Lane will also be closed.
Nightly closures to shift traffic from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Monday, Jan. 18 to Monday, Jan. 25 include:
- Various lanes of the southbound I-35E entrance ramp from Whitlock Lane/Sandy Lake Road (entrance ramp will remain accessible)
- One lane of the frontage road approaching the ramp
- The right lane of southbound I-35E between Whitlock/Lane Sandy Lake Road and Luna Road
Nightly closures from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Monday, Jan. 25 to Sunday, Jan. 31 include:
- The southbound I-35E exit ramp to Belt Line Road and the right lane of southbound I-35E approaching the ramp
- Traffic will take the Whitlock Lane/Sandy Lake Road exit and continue south on the frontage road to Belt Line Road.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)