Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) have increased the reward for a 53-year-old Texas man on the Most Wanted Sex Offender list.
A reward of $8,000 is being offered for information leading to the capture of Robert Chrismon.
Chrismon, a violent sex offender, is wanted for parole violations and failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements. Police do not know his whereabouts, but say he has ties to San Antonio, and has been known to work as a general laborer.
In 1981, Chrismon was sentenced to 55 years for the kidnapping and aggravated rape of a San Antonio teen. He received an additional 10 years for the attempted stabbing of a Corpus Christi police officer during an arrest.
Chrismon stands 5’5″ and weighs about 180 pounds. He has a scorpion tattoo on his right arm, a scar on his chest and other scars on both wrists.
To received the increased reward the tip must be submitted during the month of February.
Anyone with information about Chrismon or any other Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitive or sex offender is asked to contact authorities. There are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
• Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at (800) 252-TIPS (8477)
• Text the letters DPS and then your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone
• Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking the link under the picture
• Tips can also be submitted on Facebook, just click the “SUBMIT A TIP” link underneath the “About” section
• Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. Mobile is available for iPhone users through the Apple App Store and for Android users on Google Play.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)