COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A heads up for drivers traveling in Collin County this weekend – a portion of the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) will be shut down in both directions in Plano.READ MORE: Attorneys For Former Fort Worth Police Officer Aaron Dean Seek Change Of Venue For Murder Trial
The Tollway is being expanded to four lanes in each direction. As it stands, the bridge at Tennyson Parkway in Plano isn’t large enough and will have to be demolished and rebuilt.
The demolition will completely close the DNT beginning Friday, June 10 at 11 p.m.
Once the closure begins, the following areas will remain closed through 5 a.m. Monday, June 13.
- All northbound lanes of the DNT from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp
- All southbound lanes of the DNT from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp
- The east- and westbound direct-connector ramps from the SRT to southbound DNT
- The northbound DNT direct-connector ramp to east- and westbound SRT
- The northbound entrance ramp from Spring Creek Parkway
- The northbound exit ramps at Legacy and Headquarters Drive
- The southbound entrance ramps from Gaylord Parkway, State Highway 121 and Legacy Drive
- The southbound exit ramps to Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway
Tennyson Parkway will actually remain open during the demotion. During the teardown of the northern bridge, the southern bridge will be open to traffic.
Police officers will be helping with traffic control in the area.
Delays in the area are expected. Click here to check traffic in the area and find alternate routes.
Unfortunately, while it will be business as usual come Monday the closures will happen again next weekend!MORE NEWS: Texas Man Who Worked As Nanny Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison For Child Molestation
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)