Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A carbon monoxide leak at 511 North Akard in downtown Dallas forced the evacuation of the 16-story apartment high-rise Wednesday night, according to Dallas Fire-Rescue.

READ MORE: Dallas County Surpasses 3,000 COVID-19 Deaths, 25 More Reported Tuesday

More than 20 fire trucks were on the scene after a boiler malfunction in the basement caused the leak.

Some people complaining of symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide exposure, officials said, but no one was taken to the hospital.

READ MORE: 'We Still Don't Have Herd Immunity': North Texas Healthcare Community Concerned About Removal Of Mask Mandate

The boiler was shut off, and firefighters ventilated the building.

“I think right now it’s horrendous,” tenant Ken Parker said. “I think we need this problem solved ASAP because this keeps happening. “I’ve been here four years, and this is the second time it’s happened in three months.”

The 150 residents were allowed back into the building just after 11 p.m.

MORE NEWS: Tarrant County Lifts Local Mask Mandate 'Effective Immediately'

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)