UPDATED | September 27, 2016 8:30 PM

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

GEORGETOWN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – U.S. Marshals confirm the fugitive wanted in connection to two Dallas-area murders and a kidnapping in Georgetown on Monday, Silvestre Franco-Luviano was taken into custody at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Georgetown.

Georgetown Police said as tactical teams were attempting to begin negotiations, a fire broke out in the apartment where the suspect was believed to be located.

Shortly after the fire broke out, Franco-Luciano left the apartment and tried to go downstairs.  That’s when Franco-Luciano was taken into custody.  Franco-Luciano is currently being charged with the murder warrant out of Dallas County. Other charges are pending.

Police found a gun in the apartment.

“We breathed a sigh of relief after he was found and arrested,” said Cedar Hill Police Lt. Colin Chenault on the arrest of Luviano. “It shocked our community. Our hearts continue to hurt for all of the victims families.” 

U.S. Marshals said a witness reportedly saw Silvestre Franco-Luviano in the Parkview Place Apartments around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Although there are no students on campus Tuesday evening, Georgetown High School was placed on lock down for staff who are there due to the nearby police operation to take Franco-Luviano into custody according, to Austin CBS affiliate, KEYE-TV.

Police say Silvestre Franco-Luviano is a murderer, carjacker and kidnapper whose reign of terror spanned at least from the city of Dallas to just north of Austin.

Cedar Hill Police Department Lieutenant Colin Chenault expressed the sentiment of departments across the state. “He’s showing us how desperate he is, which is why it makes it so important that we catch this guy and catch him as quickly as we can!”

CBS 11 News obtained video from the Texaco station, off U.S. Highway 67 in Cedar Hill. The location was just one of many random stops in Franco-Luviano’s alleged crime spree. But it was at that location where a beloved husband and father was shot and killed, in front of his wife, while on the way home from a Dallas Cowboys game.

The video shows Welton Betts Sr., of Corsicana, getting gas at the station just seconds before the suspect shot him dead and carjacked his wife.

Betts brother, Kelton Bailey, is left grieving alongside loved ones this morning. “Words can’t explain the way I feel right now,” he said. “He was a great family man, a great father, husband, brother… you know, mentor. He was just everything.”

Police say Betts is just one of the victims of Franco-Luviano. According to authorities the 40-year-old is the man who terrorized Texans for hours.

According to investigators, Franco-Luviano began his crime spree with the murder of Ruben Moreno. The 33-year-old was found shot dead inside his Hummer, near Spur 408 in Dallas.

After that murder two different people reported a man firing shots into their cars in Cedar Hill.

A short time later, investigators say Franco-Luviano shot Betts, and carjacked Betts’ wife. Surveillance video shows the suspect drove to a nearby neighborhood, broke into a house, forced the homeowner to hand over car keys and took off in a silver colored Lexus.

Police found that car in Georgetown, about 40 miles north of Austin, after a man in that city was robbed at gunpoint, kidnapped and then later released unharmed. Police say the attacker was Franco-Luviano.

This is a developing story.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)