Follow KRLD: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (1080 KRLD) – A gas explosion has severely damaged the laundry room of an apartment complex in the Oak Lawn area of Dallas.

READ MORE: Mother's Boyfriend Charged With Capital Murder Of 2 Teenaged Brothers In North Richland Hills

According to Dallas Fire & Rescue, one person was injured by flying glass when a possible natural gas leak caused an explosion in the second floor laundry room of the Knight Apartments on Congress Ave near Wycliff.

When fire crews arrived, they saw a little smoke, with small amounts of debris outside on the ground. Once inside, they found a couple of hot spots that were quickly extinguished.

READ MORE: Dallas Police Searching For Animal Cruelty Suspect Who Shot Pitbull-Type Dog

Three apartment units were damaged.

*This is a developing story. Follow CBSDFW.com for the latest information. 

MORE NEWS: BNSF Railroad Unions Can't Strike Over New Attendance Policy, Federal Judge Rules

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)