Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

ARGYLE (CBSDFW.COM) – According to a press release, multiple Argyle businesses in the area of McMakin and Jeter Road were evacuated Friday due to an odor where people were reportedly being affected with respiratory symptoms.

When Argyle fire district crews arrived, they found high levels of carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide. Crews evacuated a total of nine businesses in the strip center where the reports occurred.

Crews had to request a mass casualty response.

According to officials, the source was from a generator in a neighboring suite that was under construction. Crews were able to remove the odor using DFW Airport’s fan truck.

Businesses were closed for approximately six hours.

According to officials, a total of 22 people were treated at the scene and no one had to be transported to hospitals.

The agencies that helped during the situation included: Lewisville Fire Department, Highland Village Fire Department, Flower Mound Fire Department, Denton Fire Department, Justin Fire Department, DFW Airport, Bartonville Police Department, Denton County Sheriff’s Office and Denton County Emergency Services.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)