Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
UPDATE: The latest from Atmos Energy:
Atmos Energy crews are working to safely repair the natural gas line that was damaged by a construction crew earlier today. While it has taken longer than anticipated to locate the underground line, we are making progress. The evacuations of about 22 homes remain in place as a safety precaution.
SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW) – Part of a neighborhood was evacuated in Southlake after a natural gas leak Monday afternoon.
It happened in the 2900 block of Sutton Place near the intersection of W. Southlake Boulevard and N. Pearson Lane.
Atmos Energy crews are working to repair a 1.25” natural gas line.
Atmos Energy said the pipe was damaged by a construction crew unrelated to Atmos Energy.
“We have been working closely with the local Fire Department to make the area safe which included several precautionary evacuations,” said Atmos spokesperson, Jennifer Altieri.
A total of 27 homes have been evacuated.
Florence Road and Sutton Place are both closed.
There have been no reports of injuries.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)