MANSFIELD, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Mansfield Police arrested former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin one day after interviewing him about allegations of domestic violence.

He is charged with aggravated assault with serious bodily injury after being arrested at his home without incident.

READ MORE: 16 Units Damaged In 3-Alarm Apartment Fire In Fort Worth

Mansfield Police said they had reviewed surveillance video from Boykin’s home after getting a search warrant and saw footage of “what appeared to be an assault inside the residence.”

Trevone Boykin

The investigation into the alleged assault began one week ago today on March 21, when officers received a call from Parkland Hospital in Dallas, about a woman who’d been assaulted in Mansfield.

Boykin’s girlfriend, Shabrika Bailey, reportedly suffered a broken jaw that had to be wired shut among other injuries.

Shabrika Bailey

READ MORE: VIDEO: A Candid Conversation With Kristaps Porzingis

The next day, police searched the home in the 2300 block of Richmond Circle where the alleged assault happened.  Detectives noticed cameras and removed a DVR from the home attached to those cameras.  On Wednesday, detectives obtained a search warrant to watch those videos resulting in Boykin’s arrest.

The Seattle Seahawks released Boykin, who was a backup quarterback on the team, on Tuesday in the wake of the allegations.

In 2015, Boykin, then the 22-year-old starting quarterback for the TCU Horned Frogs, was arrested in San Antonio as the team prepared to play the Oregon Ducks in the Alamo Bowl.

Police say Boykin, who was out with some of his teammates, got into an argument in a bar after he was allegedly heckled and ended up being subdued by authorities as the fracas moved outside. After his arrest Boykin said, “It’s a mistake that I made in my life that I know I can overcome.”

Boykin was suspended from his final college game and, after initially being charged with felony assault of a police officer, eventually pled no contest to resisting arrest. Boykin was also fined $1,500 and ordered to apologize to the arresting officer.

After the Alamo Bowl incident Boykin signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent.

MORE NEWS: North Texas Police Officers Escort Body Of Euless Detective Killed By Drunk Driver To Funeral Home

In 2017, Boykin was arrested after an accident in the Uptown area of Dallas. After police found a vehicle crashed into the Side Bar on Howell Street police arrested Shabrika Bailey — who was driving the vehicle — on charges of intoxication assault with a vehicle. Boykin — the passenger — was charged with public intoxication and possession of marijuana.