- Check out these back to school tips for parents of children with special needs Disclaimer and 10 ways to work toward Disclaimera successful year.
- Sending your child off to college? Find out more about paying for college with federal student aid programs.
- Consult these research-based tools or the Helping Your Child booklets for practical lessons and information on bolstering your child’s success at school.
- Use this month-by-month guide filled with advice, tools, and resources to help your child have a fun and educational school year.
- Kick the school year off right with these 5 simple ways to make the most of your child’s first month back at school.
- Get answers with these FAQs [PDF, 993KB] for parents of elementary and middle-school children.
- Help your kindergartners learn to read.
- Know the steps that are important to helping your child with homework, and be prepared to resolve homework problems should they arise.
- Whether you’re years away from college or just about to start, these checklists will help better your chances of getting into – and being able to afford – the school of your choice.
- About to start college? Learn how budgeting can help you build decision making skills and reach your financial and academic goals.
- Consider these options if you didn’t receive enough financial aid.
- Start thinking about graduate school finances early.
- Mark your calendar for October 1 – this is when the Free Application for Student Aid will be available for those who want to apply for the 2017-18 school year.
- Consult these research-based tools for student success.
- Determine whether your service as a teacher can help you get your federal student loans forgiven or canceled.
- Consider how you can prepare to prevent and address bullying in your classroom and use this training toolkit.
- Ensure you are prepared to meet needs of military children Disclaimer whose parents are deployed or in transition.
- Stay up to date – make sure school counselors understand what’s new with the FAFSA.
- Keep in touch with what teachers across the country are doing in their classrooms — and enhance your own PD by becoming a part of Teach to Lead.
- Get the latest news, teaching tips and more in your inbox by signing up for our Teachers Edition newsletter!