By Staff

FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth Police have confirmed that the person stabbed before yesterday’s chase is in critical condition and that two victims died after being struck and killed by the suspect’s vehicle. Police have now identified the victims and suspect.

The suspect has been identified as Chassity Lavelle Brooks, a 38-year-old male.

READ MORE: Tanker Truck Full Of Fuel Hangs Over Bridge After Collision At Loop 12, Shady Grove

Brooks has been charged with one count of capital murder and is in custody on $1 million bond.

Jeffrey Allen Mazurowski, 45, was killed when Brooks drove a truck into a game room on Camp Bowie West, pinning him to the back wall.

Mazurowski was found unresponsive at the scene and transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Lailiani Duroy Snell, 57, was struck by the vehicle being driven by the suspect at 2:50 p.m. when he drove into a bus stop on the 7600 block of Camp Bowie West.

She was transported to an emergency department, but was later pronounced dead.

Fort Worth Police Chief Neil Noakes said it all started around 11:45 a.m. with a stabbing on the 8600 block of Las Vegas Trail.

“While conducting that investigation, at about 1:45 p.m., officers located the suspect in that stabbing in the 8700 block of Camp Bowie West,” said Noakes.  Police say the suspect stole the stabbing victim’s truck, driving it to a game room where he ran over at least one pedestrian and crashed the vehicle. That pedestrian died.

Noakes said officers were flagged down by citizens who alerted them to the crash.

Officers near the game room attempted to pull over the suspect when the pursuit began.

The suspect took off in the grey Dodge pickup and ran into a woman sitting at a bus stop in front of a Jiffy Lube at Camp Bowie and Bonnie. That woman also died from her injuries.

The suspect then stole a second vehicle, a white GMC pick up, and led officers on a multi agency pursuit.

READ MORE: In Shadow Of Texas Gas Drilling Sites, Health Fears Escalate

When police chased him into the subdivision, he tried to get away again, until he was boxed in.

The suspect was taken into custody without further injury or incident.

SWAT officers ultimately used what appeared to be tear gas to get the suspect into custody.

A nearby school, Poynter Elementary, was on lockdown during the standoff as a precaution. All students and staff were safe.

(Chopper 11)

The man in custody was escorted to a waiting MedStar ambulance.

(Chopper 11)

No officers were hurt in the apprehension of the suspect.



MORE NEWS: Public Health Experts Say Dallas Cowboys COVID Outbreak Shows Pandemic Far From Over Staff