'If Your Kid Spikes High Fever After Splash Pad Visit, Go To The ER,' Advice From Mom Of Child Who Died From Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba The parents of a 3-year-old boy who died on Sept. 11 from a brain eating amoeba likely contracted at the Don Misenhimer Park splash pad on Sept. 5, are speaking out.
Child Dies Of Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba Infection Linked To Arlington Splash PadThe child was hospitalized Sept. 5 at Cook Children’s Medical Center with primary amebic meningoencephalitis.
Water In Texas City Where Brain-Eating Amoeba Killed 6-Year-Old Josiah McIntyre Now Safe To DrinkWeeks after a brain-eating amoeba killed 6-year-old Josiah McIntyre a boil-water notice was issued for the city of Lake Jackson, Texas -- on Tuesday the tap water was deemed safe and that order was lifted.
Texas Leaders Say It Could Take Up To 3 Months To Eradicate Brain-Eating Amoeba That Killed 6-Year-OldOn Tuesday Governor Greg Abbott, along with the leaders of state agencies, held a press conference to talk about the steps being taken to find out how a brain-eating amoeba got into the water system of one county.
Texas Teen Has Deadly Infection After Contact With AmoebaA 14-year-old boy is in critical condition in a hospital after coming into contact with a rare amoeba while swimming in a lake north of Houston.
Tenants Possibly Got Rare Eye Infection From Community PoolFirst, two tenants at a Bedford apartment complex develop a rare eye infection. Now, doctors want others to be on the lookout for more people with the illness, because it likely came from a communal swimming pool.