Water In Texas City Where Brain-Eating Amoeba Killed 6-Year-Old Josiah McIntyre Now Safe To DrinkWeeks after a brain-eating amoeba killed 6-year-old Josiah McIntyre a boil-water notice was issued for the city of Lake Jackson, Texas -- on Tuesday the tap water was deemed safe and that order was lifted.
Texas Leaders Say It Could Take Up To 3 Months To Eradicate Brain-Eating Amoeba That Killed 6-Year-OldOn Tuesday Governor Greg Abbott, along with the leaders of state agencies, held a press conference to talk about the steps being taken to find out how a brain-eating amoeba got into the water system of one county.
Texas Officials: It Will Take 60 Days To Purge Lake Jackson Water System Of Brain-Eating AmoebaOfficials in Texas say it will take 60 days to ensure a city drinking water system is purged of a deadly, brain-eating amoeba that doctors believe killed a boy and led to warnings for others not to drink tap water.
Disaster Declaration Issued For Southeast Texas County After Brain-Eating Amoeba Found In Water Supply Of CityGov. Greg Abbott has issued a disaster declaration for a county in Southeast Texas after a rare brain-eating amoeba was found in the water supply of a city.
Texas 6-Year-Old Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba, Family SaysThe family of a 6-year-old boy in Texas continues to be in mourning after the child died from a rare brain-eating amoeba about three weeks ago.
Lily Mae Avant, Texas 10-Year-Old Who Contracted Brain-Eating Amoeba In Brazos River, DiesTen-year-old Lily Mae Avant has died after she contracted a brain-eating amoeba after swimming in the Brazos River, her family confirmed.
Lily Mae Avant, 10, Contracts Brain-Eating Amoeba After Swim In Brazos RiverDays after swimming in the Brazos River and contracting a brain eating amoeba, a Central Texas girl is battling for her life.
Woman Sues Texas Water Park For $1M After Son Dies From Brain-Eating AmoebaThe mother of a surfer who died from a "brain-eating amoeba" after visiting a surf park in Texas has filed a $1 million wrongful death lawsuit.
Waco Surf Park Reopens 6 Months After Man Died From 'Brain-Eating Amoeba'A surf park in Waco that closed six months ago after a 29-year-old man died from a "brain-eating amoeba" is set to reopen Friday morning.
Man Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba After Visiting Waco Surf ResortA 29-year-old surfer, Fabrizio Stabile, who recently visited a Waco, Texas resort, has died from what is commonly referred to as a "brain-eating amoeba."
Brain-Eating Amoeba Found In Louisiana Water SystemA potentially deadly brain-eating amoeba has been found again in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana.