Pension Fund: Dallas First Responders' Paychecks Have Had Mistakes For Years“This is an issue that needs to be solved, " said Kelly Gottschalk, the Executive Director of the Dallas Police and Fire Pension Fund.
Record Number Of Officers Leaving Dallas Police DepartmentBy the end of this month, 72 more Dallas Police officers will leave: 70 percent of them are retiring and the other 30 percent are going to make more money at other departments.
$2 Million Dispute Between City Of Dallas & Police, Fire Pension FundFor 22 years, the Dallas Police and Fire Pension Fund has been contributing to the pensions of police officers and firefighters who go on military leave.
Senator West On Negotiating Pension Deal: "Have You Ever Had Gumbo?"He and other lawmakers, Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and most of the police and fire associations called the compromise a victory.
Conceptual Agreement Reached On Dallas Police & Fire Pension FundCBS11 broke the news on Facebook Live Tuesday night during a panel discussion with major players in the City of Dallas.
Texas House Passes Dallas Police And Fire Pension BillLawmakers said minor changes could still be made Thursday before the final reading.
DART Pulled Into Dallas Police And Fire Pension DebateDallas police and firefighters are now looking to Dallas Area Rapid Transit's budget to help get their failing pension system back on track.
Negotiations To Fix Dallas Police & Fire Pension Fund Reach StalemateThe pension board chairman, Sam Friar, says the problem is, talks with the city to reach a deal on a permanent fix aren't going well. "We're at a stalemate now."
Mayor Withdraws Temporary Injunction Request Regarding Police & Fire PensionMayor Rawlings said he is still moving forward with a lawsuit, but the decision to withdraw the request for the temporary injunction means some Dallas police and fire retirees can withdraw more money than they originally could from the fund.