Clothes Dryer Sparks Late Night House Fire In Fort WorthA family of five was able to escape after a clothes dryer caused a fire in their home just before midnight on Wednesday.
Search Continues For Woman After Fire Destroys Her HomeThe Garland Fire Department is waiting for a search dog to help them find a woman who may have been home when it was engulfed in flames Thursday morning.
Firefighters Battle 3-Alarm Blaze At Irving Apartment ComplexFirefighters in Irving spent part of the morning battling a three-alarm apartment fire. From the air Chopper 11 flew over more than a dozen units burning at the Water Ridge Apartments on Pioneer Drive.
Nest Smoke Detector Sales ResumeGoogle's Nest Labs is resuming sales and lowering the price of a high-tech smoke detector that was pulled from the market some two months ago after malfunctioning.
8-Year-Old Working To Provide Smoke Detectors For StrangersIt started as a simple act of kindness, but has now grown into a much larger effort to keep people safe.
9-Year Old Buys Smoke Detectors To Help Save Others9-year-old Grand Prairie boy buys 100 smoke detectors to help save others, with money he saved to buy video game
I-Team: Alarming Smoke Detector TestsYou would think the loud wailing sound of a smoke alarm would wake anyone up.
Dallas Fire Says All Smoke Alarms Should Have Battery BackupA cold night means another log on the fire in Tim Rutledge's Forest Lane apartment. It would have been a risky decision just two months ago, when the building across from his burned and the smoke detectors were not even working.
CBS 11 Investigates: A Warning About Your Smoke DetectorIf you have a smoke alarm in your home, you hope -- and assume -- it will go off in the case of a fire. But we've learned the most common detector out there -- the one you likely have -- might not warn you in time to save your family.
Smoke Alarm Could Earn Wylie Residents Free PizzaA working smoke detector could get you a free pizza this week in Wylie.
Quick-Thinking Officers Rescue Family From Burning HomeTwo officers patrolling the 700 block of Redbird Lane in Oak Cliff noticed smoke pouring out of the chimney of a residence around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday and quickly responded, pulling a mother and her three daughters out safely.