Bernadette Schaeffler Collection
Dallas Design District
1616 Hi Line Dr., Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75207
www.bernadetteschaeffler.comBernadette Schaeffler spent her youth traveling across Europe with her father, owner of Germany’s first high-end shoe distributor. Her passion for color and design grew as she visited leather manufacturers in Italy – Ferragamo, Bruno Mali, Sergio Rossi and Bally. She learned the nuances of construction and quality, which she used to create the leather sofa line of her business, the Bernadette Schaeffer Collection. Schaeffler mixes “’Old World’ traditional design with modern simplicity.” Schaeffler offers these expert suggestions to help you create a festive and beautiful Thanksgiving.
Make The Table Eye-CatchingBefore the food is served, the first thing your guests will see is your decorated table. Make sure to include fall themed items or colors — if in doubt, a few well-placed pumpkins will definitely help with the atmosphere. If you already have a decor color scheme in mind, you can always paint the pumpkins in those colors, to match.
At A Personal TouchHandwritten place cards add a bit of the homey touch that Thanksgiving should always embody.
Give The Kids Their Own SpaceIf you are concerned with having small children around your fine china, create a fun “kids table” atmosphere, but make sure the theme matches the adult table, so that the children don’t feel excluded.
Place Settings Make A Big DifferenceBeautiful place settings add a special touch to the table. The Bernadette Schaeffler Collection has a great selection of exquisite linen napkins and placemats that make a table appear elegant and can tie the theme together.
Related: Ask A DFW Chef: Top Meatloaf Recipes
Leaves Are An Easy And Nice TouchYou can never go wrong with a few leaves or flowers — just remember, the most important part of Thanksgiving is that you are all enjoying the meal together.
Schaeffler offers some additional quick tips to make your home look festive.
- Always decorate your mantel and arrange an assortment of pumpkins and gourds, maybe including bundles of dried wheat to get the fall feeling. It also looks nice to put a old school writing blackboard with some holiday quotes
- Get a few mini pumpkins, beans and nuts and set them in glass containers throughout the house. This looks very nice on copper trays
- Repurpose an old wine bottle and put a garland of berries around it.
- Take pumpkins in all sizes hollow them and uses them as vases.
- Kale combined with pumpkins looks very fall like look
- Paint a pumpkin with chalkboard paint, then use chalk to write on it.
- Create a wreath out of corn
- Use cut logs to create different levels in the center of the table. Decorate them with moss and place little candles around.
- Create a small arrangement of fall flowers in little whiskey glasses or silver serving pieces
- Get leaf place cards and write the name of the guest on it for some added flair; use double-sided tape or a hot glue and attach it to an acorn.
- A simple bow around the candleholders adds a special holiday flair, and taking an old jar and gluing real leaves to it.